as a girl, loving yrself isn’t just cool and positive for daily life, but it’s also very political. companies and laws and social standards don’t advocate self-love for women. it’s Abnormal and it might seem like a little thing to do but it’s actually crucial. keep up the good work gals :~)
Since 1980, 3000 native Canadian women have been murdered/gone missing. Indigenous women are five times more likely than other women to die as a result of violence. Sixty percent of known perpetrators are white men.Justice for all Indigenous Women! by Jessica Sabogal | Montréal
Despite push from the UN for a national inquiry, Canada continues to largely ignore the violence against Native Women. x
my life got about a thousand times better once i stopped censoring myself
and by censoring i don’t mean i suddenly embraced indiscriminate swearing; i mean i stopped trying to sugarcoat my past or my feelings; i stopped lying by omission; i stopped having guilty pleasures; i began unabashedly enjoying whatever i liked; i became very honest; i cut out of my life poisonous people and negative ideals, and i am so, so much happier for it
Princeless – Book One: Save Yourself (2012)
Story: Jeremy Whitley , art: M. Goodwin
"And this one—-"
Let me talk to you about books.
Specifically, one book. This book.
This book should be a best seller. This book should be required reading for graduating from high school. Before you get that diploma, you read this book.
This book deals with debunking “Neurosexism,” which is a very fancy term for all of that evolutionary psychology bullshit that people spill about those “brain differences” between boys and girls.
This book debunks such myths as:
- Boys are better at math than girls
- Women make crappy lawyers/business CEOs/etc, as their brains are not cut out for aggression.
- Men make crappy counselors/primary school teachers/primary parents/etc, as their brains are not cut out for empathy.
- MEN ARE BUILT FOR GOING OUT AND HUNTING WHILE WOMEN ARE BUILT FOR STAYING HOME AND BABYMAKING IT’S NOT SEXISM IT’S JUST BIOLOGY
- And many other such myths.
Furthermore, this book covers topics such as:
- Neurosexism and gender perceptions in multiple races (as this is not a singularly white experience, just as the western world isn’t a singularly white experience)
- Sex discrimination in the workplace, and how women are (or, more often, are not) allowed to behave
- How science is used (badly) to support many of these claims
- Experiences of trans people, both through interviews and empirical studies.
AND FINALLY - It is all brilliantly researched, cited, compiled - and it’s easy to read! Cordelia Fine actually manages to be funny while writing this, which I think is important, because it makes all of this information infinitely accessible.
Delusions of Gender has reinforced what Oberlin taught me: The gender binary is stupid and arbitrary, and dangerous. And it is a self-perpetuating bias that needs to be addressed to be overcome.
So adding this to my to-read list.
And it’s currently available on Kindle for $3.34.
alphaalberto we need to read this.
ive reblogged this before but i have this book and it’s definitely a good read. i didn’t actually get very far because it reads like a research paper— a lot of lists of experiments and their results, and explanations of what those results mean in practice, but without many conclusions as to alternatives to the norm— but it’s definitely a very informative read that debunks the entire concept of male-vs-female brains.
erikafasana replied to your photoset
Ur so pretty im crying
;__; thank you so much nans safdjgahg <33